6.26.2007

last pretty tuesday in the month of june wild

blackbird singin' in the dead of night
take these broken wings and learn to fly
all your life
you were only waiting, for this moment to arrive

Today is Pretty Tuesday, day for a dress and a swipe of lipstick. I am stewing over the writing I have before me to accomplish. I know I need to write about the last year, and my feelings about my future move. However, I am hesitating. I need to work through all the lessons I learned and cast them into words on a screen, or on paper. Oh fond memorie of a day spent riding bikes with good friends, and reflections on the dull yellow glow of the too-familiar kitchen in this little house on Wofford; I will wrap you all up with your fellow remembered moments and stow you into paragraphs and phrases. Later.

I happened upon a good occasion to talk to two different 20-somethings today at Kiri's Coffee Shop. One of them directs the local Boys and Girls Club. She has lived a lot already. She told me about bike and coffee shop culture in Northern California. Then later, I spoke with the other girl, a young married, who with her husband just moved back to Texas from Germany. She is working on her thesis about alternate fuel sources. We discussed the deathly slow pace of federal government jobs, and how she thought she would find an improved working situation at the city-level. She also informed me that it cost her one penny + 15 dollars in taxes to take a plane from Germany to Rome. My jaw dropped.

I have much more to accomplish today. God is good.


No comments: