10.30.2008

Crooked Tree is Playing Damien Rice.

I know how lucky I am. Or at least I think I know the extent of it. It is more than possible that I overlook things I should be grateful for, but I am sure of one thing: I  am thankful for Mitch.

Let me tell you about him. He sings in the car. He spends several long minutes deliberating over how to phrase the smallest bit of written communication. He has known exactly what he wants to do since his freshman year in high school and he doing it. He dances (with me or by himself).  He writes me letters.

I love watching him just be. I love that he called that first vanilla chai we had "heaven in a cup". I love how he started thinking of things as adventures because he knew I would enjoy it. I love that he is passionate about the law, about the Lord Jesus Christ, and about music.

And I enjoy what we are together. I enjoy speaking with someone so intelligent and also so distinctly authentic. I enjoy choosing wines together. I enjoy sipping coffee with him and reading articles. 

A few years ago who would've believed ago that the guy who was so serious and the girl who was so crazy would find a home in each other? I wouldn't have. I didn't see it coming but I am so thankful that it did. God is good.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are altogether too gracious with me, though I must say that I, too, know beyond doubt that you are at the top of my list of thanksgiving.

Steph said...

I'm glad you did this post. I'm always curious about this person who is so important in your life. I am happy for you guys. I can't wait to meet him...and see you guys...together. ;)